There are no upcoming events at this time.
such as meeting agendas, PowerPoint slides, and full video recordings of the session.
Guam USA · Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) · Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI)
2022 WERI Advisory Council Meeting
September 1, 2022 · 9AM to 12PM ·
Attend either Virtual or In-Person at Dusit Thani Guam Resort
The 2022 Advisory Council meeting will be held at Dusit Thani Guam Resort. This event is a part of the Western Pacific Subsection of the American Waterworks Association (AWWA-HIWPS) Conference as a free session either in-person or virtual. If you have any interest in attending the meeting, contact Vangie Lujan at email@example.com or John Riegel at JRiegel@BrwnCald.com. For more information about the AWA-HIWPS Conference, please click here.
WERI hosts the annual Advisory Council Meetings for the Western Pacific: Guam, FSM, and CNMI. WERI reaches out to water and environmental stakeholders in government agencies, military, and private sectors, as well as anyone who is interested in WERI’s scientific research information. WERI presents its mission and vision, current status, project update, and recently accomplished research work. We provide professional perspectives and scientific information to questions concerning water resources, water quality, climatology, groundwater modeling, and information access/transfer. We also solicit research interests and concerns.
As A free session in the AWWA-HIWPS Conference, the following topics will be covered:
- WERI: Who We Are and What We Do
- Surface Hydrology of the Northern Guam Lens Aquifer
- Establishing Groundwater Protection Zones in Guam
- Groundwater Model of the Machanao Basin, NGLA
- Hydrogeological Working Definiion of Sinkhole
- Patterns and redns of Salinity in the YIgo-Tumon Basin
- PFOS in Saipan Production Wells
- Stormwater Management for Garapan, Saipan
- Water Quality Analaysis for FSM Utility Laboratories
- FSM Water Education Program
- WERI Scholarships: Joseph D. Rouse, Mark A. Lander